Welcome to Petfinders. We are currently the largest database of registered pets all over South Africa. Our vision is to reunite lost pets with their owners within the shortest time possible. By registering your pet with us while it is still SAFE at home you are giving your little fur kid the best possible chance of being reunited with you in the unfortunate even of them ever getting lost. It is better to be proactive in protecting your pet rather than regretting not doing everything in your power to keep them safe. You can add a SAFE, LOST or FOUND pet or search our database for lost or found pets.
IS YOUR PET A PRIORITY FOR YOU???
If you have ever had a pet go missing, you will understand the trauma, stress and absolute heart ache that goes with it, both for YOU AND YOUR PET! There is nothing as stressful for a pet to be lost and to land up in a kennel with other overstressed and traumatised pets!
A TAG IN TIME SAVES LIVES!
In South Africa, one in three pets goes missing in their lifetime – a shocking statistic! Without proper identification, 90% of them never return home. Yet many owners do not have collars with TAGS on their dogs or cats. It is important to note that even if your pet never leaves your home and garden, all it takes for your pet to go missing is for someone to leave an access gate or garage door open for a second.
The person leaving your gate or garage open could be one of your friends or family, a visitor, pet–sitter, domestic staff, garden service, emergency or armed response personnel. And sadly it could be a criminal breaking in! The scary truth is that all it takes is that ONE SECOND where someone is not vigilant and your beloved pet escapes. When a pet is lost, the owners are often wracked with regrets and guilt, but after the fact is sadly a little too late.
Putting a collar with an ID TAG on your dog or cat is inexpensive but effective !!
65% of missing pets never get to home again! 1 in 3 dogs WILL go missing at least once in their lifetime! You have just 7 days (sometimes less) to claim your pet from a shelter before they either get adopted out or God forbid, be put down! After 7 days, your pet becomes the property of any shelter they land up in and they can do with them whatever they deem necessary. Don't let YOUR PET become a statistic!
COST OF A PET GOING MISSING:
Petrol driving around looking for them: R200
Posters printed to put on poles and stop streets: R250
Flyers printed to hand out in neighbourhood: R200
Ad in paper: R450
Calls to shelters and vets: R100
TOTAL COST: R1200.OO!
COST OF PEACE OF MIND KNOWING THAT YOUR PET IS PROTECTED SHOULD THEY GO MISSING: PRICELESS!!!
LOST AND FOUND PETS:
Should you list a lost or found pet, a whole myriad of things spring into action.
1. A notification email is immediately sent to all the main Shelters, Vets, Police Stations, and Neighbourhood Watches who are part of our network.
2. You are sent an email with contact information for all the main Shelters and Vets so that you can personally contact them to find out whether they might have found your pet or in the case of finding a pet so that you can find out whether the pet had been reported as missing by someone.
3. You are provided with step by step information on how to go about either searching for your pet or how to search for a found pet’s family.
4. Should a pet matching your lost or found pet be listed on Petfinders you will be sent an email with details of the pet so that you can verify whether it might be yours.
5. A notification email is sent out to our growing database Pet Watch Networkers in your immediate area who will be on the lookout for a pet matching your lost pet, or in the case of a found pet, they will be on the lookout for anyone listing a pet as missing.
6. The site will automatically post your lost/found pet's details to our Petfinders page on Facebook.
Please click on a link below to add your lost or found pet or search our lost and found pets databases: