Save a doggy from a miserable life this Christmas!
If your neighbours have a dog that stays outside, please regularly check on the dog even if you have to peer over a fence!
- Is the area where the dog is kept big enough.
- Check if the dog has enough shelter from hot or cold weather.
- Does it have access to fresh water.
- If it is on a leash is the leash long enough to allow some freedom of movement at least.
- Does the dog’s environment get cleaned, in other words, is it free from dog poop.
- Is there a proper surface or is it wet and cold and not good for the dog’s feet.
- Does the dog have access to fresh food every day.
- Does the dog have a collar and if so, does it look like it is a proper fit or does it look like it may be too tight?
- Does the dog look healthy or is it thin and lethargic, have bald patches etc.
If anything about the dog’s environment or health seems amiss, please phone your local Animal Anti Cruelty League or your local SPCA to go and do an inspection. You could save a dog’s life just by being observant!